Monday, April 5, 2010

27 Weeks



Once again because it is so shocking and so amazing to me. Picture in 2005 of my pre-eclamptic self. I was about 27 weeks and would end up delivering in just about 7-9 days from this pic. I will never stop trying to educate people about pre-eclampsia. I was so clueless and thought all pregnant women swelled. We had had a clue things were starting to not look so good, but I did not realize how abnormal this swelling was. And certainly had no idea I'd wind up in ICU in 10 days.


And picture yesterday of me at Easter with my sister. Basically same gestation as above pic, 27 weeks tomorrow. (The paisley dress disguises the bump til you see me from the side). I show these pics not to say look and me and how fab I look (LOL), but rather to show firsthand what the effects of pre-eclampsia are on a regular sized person. I could still end up like the picture above if pre-e sets in, but we'll be on top of it and would most likely be in the hospital earlier on.


So tomorrow we hit 27 weeks. A good point but still need to get this bean much, much farther. I ended work last Wednesday (I was only part-time anyway) and that's been a relief. Trying to get off my butt to go walk on the treadmill in the garage for two miles tonight. Need to go in for another blood test to check liver enzymes this week, an appt on Friday. Chugging along.

4 comments:

  1. What a difference! My shoe size went from a 7.5 to a 9.5 in a matter of days when I was around 23 weeks. I was assured by all my friends and the OB that it was perfectly normal. Looking back, it was so not normal. So glad things contine to go well. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A picture IS worth a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. The doctors kept telling me it was normal to swell so I didn't think anything about the fact that my shoe size 1.5 AND extra wide wouldn't slip on my feet... and when I look back at my delivery pictures... wow. My face was so swollen!

    Glad you got this far. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Tiffany! Pre-e is such a scary and fairly common condition. Thanks for making sure there is more education on the subject so more mama and babies can be saved!

    ReplyDelete