Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ultrasound Update

Sorry for the delay - so busy and tired since our appt last Thursday. The ultrasound was good, all normal. Again it was looking at the two umbilical arteries and measuring the flow, looking for abnormalities and something called "notching" which is often a predictor of pre-eclampsia. Best description is here. No notching. Growth also appeared to be on target. My perinatologist reminded us that this is no way guarantees we will avoid pre-eclampsia nor HELLP. We will have no guarantees until that baby is safely delivered, nuzzling and I am released from the hospital! That being said it certainly is good news, and another positive sign (along with the AFP level and other blood-test markers). At the least I think we can safely assume it isn't looming around the immediate corner and we can most likely get past the micro-preemie stage (ie no reason I shouldn't make it to 28 wks).

As expected, I got "white coat" the minute she said she needed to check my BP and it zoomed up. So she had me try a different cuff, relax a few minutes and it came back down to a comfortable 116 over 69. Sigh, at least she realized first-hand how much I am affected by white coat syndrome.

Next big ultrasound in 4 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear baby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, I am so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to read good news! I'm so excited for your family. I'll be cheering along as you hit 28 wks, 32 wks, and (praying!) even beyond. :)

    ReplyDelete