Tuesday, March 23, 2010

25 Weeks and Ultrasound Update

Quick update that we had an ultrasound with our perinatologist on Monday. I've become very friendly with the ultrasound tech now, being I am in there once a month. But I always look forward to those appointments and seeing my baby twist and turn! Good news continues. Dopplers looked normal, no notches, normal blood flow through umbilical artery and uterine arteries. Baby's growth is on schedule, 50th percentile. Estimated weight is 1lb 10 0z. It is so surreal to think he is only 7 oz away from Liam's actual birthweight at 28 weeks. Looking back, Liam's growth was slowing down as my pre-eclampsia progressed and by the time he hit 28 weeks had slowed down to the 10th percentile. IUGR was clearly setting in.

So thanks for checking in. My peri is always positive and pleased how well it's going -- I love her -- but as usual reiterates the same statement that we have no guarantees yet. But every week we get more and more of a glimmer that we'll go farther. I need to go in tomorrow for the diabetes test and anemia test where they will check platelets as well (falling platelets are a part of HELLP).

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm on the HELLP listserv with you and check in w/ your blog when I think of it. Thanks for blogging this! We are getting closer to feeling ready to try for pregnancy #2 and you are really giving me strength and hope - thanks!

    ReplyDelete