Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why the Blog?

I hemmed and hawwed over doing a blog for weeks, but finally decided I might as well record my feelings and experiences going through a high-risk pregnancy. I'm mostly on Facebook these days, but never want to be one of thoAdd Imagese women that posts online about pregnancy incessantly, so I decided I have this forum for friends and family who DO want more of the details. And why not also maybe help other pre-eclampsia survivors plus those considering pregnancy after pre-eclampsia. Whether it's 10 folks following or 50, doesn't matter. Writing down my thoughts as I go through this journey will be cathartic regardless.

I originally developed severe pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome in 2005, giving birth to my son at 28 weeks, weighing just two pounds. For those interested in our story in 2005, please see this article I wrote for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment